IT Help Desk Technician
ALE Business Machines are recruiting an experienced IT help desk technician to join our support team.
Applicants will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience across a broad range of network platforms and software applications.
Hours – 37.5 per week
• Excellent telephone manner
• Enthusiastic and reliable
• Team Player
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to prioritise
• Willing and able to learn using own initiative
• Microsoft Active Directory - Supporting and administration
• Microsoft Exchange/O365 - Troubleshooting Outlook client, network issues, profile issues
• Ability to monitor the hardware and software that runs customers web/app infrastructure
• Ability to monitor and report on current capacity and performance.
• Responding, managing & active follow-up of any security risks/security incidents, availability-related incidents including communicating with third parties & technical partners to resolve issues
• Pro-active diagnosis & correction of faults identified plus liaison with the other internal IT Staff to achieve fault resolution
• Preferably, someone with an understanding of iOS Hardware, Office 2016/365 for Mac, Adobe CS Products, CRM systems, Nav.
• Understand the processes used for recovering Data, Via backups and other tools
• Knowledge of Print Management application software will be an advantage.
Skills required and key responsibilities
• Provide technical support to telephone and email requests from users for all hardware, software and associated peripherals
• Ensure the company’s support desk software is utilised correctly
• Resolve, redirect or escalate support requests to the appropriate member of the wider support team.
• Proactively provide information to users on the progress of outstanding support calls.
• Install and configure operating systems and various software package
• Assist in the compilation of technical documentation, guidelines and procedures.
• Able to work under your own initiative when investigating and analysing information, to troubleshoot issues and create a plan to resolve.
• Able to learn and support new business systems, software and processes.
• Provide server infrastructure support, identify, diagnose and resolve issues.
• Test and install operating systems patches at server level to ensure systems are fully protected.
• Log and track all work using a computerised Help desk system.
• Desirable – A certified network accreditation
Please send your CV to email@example.com